Access Statement for Hardwicke Farm Bed & Breakfast
Hardwicke Farm is a working farm in a peaceful rural location on the Shropshire / Worcestershire borders.
We have one double en-suite guest room which is in a two storey extension of the farmhouse; downstairs guests have access to their own lounge / dining area.
Due to our rural location and the various levels of the property it would not be suitable for people confined to a wheelchair.
We will endeavor to assist people in any way we can, if you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to ask. The following statement is a summary of our provision.
• We are located at the end of a narrow farm track. Our location is very peaceful and fairly remote, not ideally suited to people travelling without a car.
• The nearest shop is approx. 1mile away; it is incorporated in the local pub.
• The nearest bus station is in Cleobury Mortimer, 6 miles away.
• The nearest train station is Kidderminster (14 miles) or Ludlow (12 miles)
• There is a taxi service based in Cleobury Mortimer, details below.
• We are a working farm our main enterprise been Texel sheep, we therefore are unable to accommodate any pets.
• Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required
• Our website: www.hardwickefarm.co.uk provides pictures of your accommodation, our property and the surrounding area.
• You can contact us by telephone, email or text. Please refer to contact information later in this document.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• It is helpful if you could advise us of your anticipated time of arrival to ensure we are here to welcome you.
• There is a sign at the end of the drive with the farm name clearly displayed.
• There is ample parking for any size or type of vehicle.
• The parking is on a concreted surface.
• We offer assistance with luggage to all guests.
• There is one step from the parking area onto a concrete path alongside the farmhouse, which is 230mm high.
• There is a further three steps up to the entrance of the property, which are 210mm high.
• There is a doorbell to notify us of your arrival.
• There are sensor lights covering the parking and entrance areas.
• The front door has one step, which is 125mm high.
• The front door is 800mm wide.
• The front door opens into a flagstone hallway, the stairs are directly in front of you and the guest sitting / dining area through a doorway which is 830mm wide on your left hand side.
• Pad / pen are available upon arrival.
• A key to the front door is available upon request to ensure guests have access to the property at all times
• Guests are escorted to their room and all facilities explained.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The entrance hall has a flagstone floor.
• The stairs is directly in front of the entrance door there are steps up the stairwell each 200mm high with a wooden banister on the right hand side and the wall on your left.
• There are four curved steps around to your right of a similar height, which lead you onto the top landing, which is carpeted.
• The landing is 920mm wide.
• The landing leads you into your en-suite room, which is also carpeted.
• Lighting is uniform and has natural light provided from a window.
Public Areas – lounge.
• The lounge is accessed off the flagstone hallway, it is fully carpeted.
• It is the guests own lounge so they are welcome to use it at any time.
• We have an open fire that is lit during the winter months; otherwise the property is fully centrally heated.
• The lounge has one armchair and a two seater settee, a television, a dvd player (with owners selection of dvd’s) plus dining facilities.
• There is overhead lighting and a standard lamp.
• Breakfast is served in this room so there is a large table 760mm x 1200mm, which measures 760mm high, and 3 dining chairs for use at other times.
• All the furniture is freestanding and easily movable.
• A large selection of local information, maps and magazines are available.
• We do have a no smoking policy in the property.
• We do not play background music in any area of the bed and breakfast.
• Menus can be made available in large print.
• Use of our utility room – please do not hesitate to ask.
• Clothes can be dried over our rayburn – Again please ask.
• We have one double en-suite room.
• Entrance to the room is up one flight of stairs along a landing, which is 920mm wide through a doorway 800mm wide.
• The en-suite facilities consist of a basin, WC and shower in limited space.
• A kettle along with a selection of drinks (including tea / coffee) and biscuits are provided.
• A hairdryer, sewing materials, adaptor plug and basic first aid kit are provided.
• There is a spacious double wardrobe with hangers and plenty of storage space for any luggage.
• We have a 5’ king size bed which is easily movable, should you require a twin / family room we can easily install a single bed in the room as it is very spacious.
• The bed is 680mm high; we could raise it on blocks if required.
• There is one armchair, a dining chair and a dressing table / chest of drawers.
• Fitted carpet on the floor.
• Lamps are on either side of the bed and there is one central light on the ceiling.
• The bed linen is cotton, with a non-allergenic duvet and pillows, extra bedding is available.
• We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please specify before arrival if required. •
Shower-room & WC [Ensuite]
• We have an en-suite shower room in a confined space.
• The facilities include a basin, WC and shower.
• The tiled shower is 1200mm wide, it has a sliding door which has an opening of 500mm, the cubicle measures 740mm from door to wall there is a step of 200mm into it.
• The toilet is 420mm high.
• The washbasin has a curved front and is set in a wooden vanity unit, it is 810mm high.
• The doorway into the en-suite is 640mm wide.
• The en-suite has a laminated wood floor throughout.
• There is a shaver point above the washbasin.
Grounds and Gardens
• The garden is very private and not over looked by other properties.
• The small garden in front of guest lounge, it has a central patio area with 2 metal chairs and a table which guests are welcome to use.
• A concrete path runs alongside the garden to the entrance of your accommodation.
• As detailed earlier the property is on several levels so there are a few steps.
• The owner has been trained under the Welcome host scheme.
• In the case of a fire, there is an alarm situated above the door at the top of the stairs. Guests are advised to exit the building as soon as possible. Assistance will be given.
• Please let us know if you have any hearing impairments and we will ensure you are aware of any danger.
• We do have a no smoking policy.
• Any medications or special dietary foods can be stored in the owners fridge.
• We are available at any time to help.
• Mobile phone reception on some networks is poor; please let us know if you are experiencing problems as you are welcome to use our landline.
• We are happy to cater for special diets, please advise before your arrival.
• In case of an emergency please ring the bell on the hall table or knock loudly on the connecting doors.
Address: Hardwicke Farm
Telephone: Home: 01746 718220
Mobile: 0786 6025 611
Hours of operation: We are open all year round but do have the occasional day off.
Local accessible taxi numbers:
AB Private Hire Taxi – 07876 554911 / 01299 67 67 67
Boomerang Taxi – 07411 142755 / 01299 271257
• We plan to purchase a vibrating alarm clock.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01746 718220 or email email@example.com
Updated: June 2017